MaGo castle was in the highest place on earth. by honoring Chun-Bu( 天符), it succeeded the Former Heaven. There were four heavenly men in the four directions in the middle of the Castle, who constructed tube and harmonized the tone.
The first was Hwang-Gung (a Yellow heaven,.
The second was Baek-So (my White Nest).
The third was Chung-Gung ( Blue heaven).
The fourth was Heok-So (Black Nest).
GungHee (heaven Lady) was the mother of the two Gungs, and SoHee ( Nest Lady) was the mother of the two Sos. Both ladies were MaGo’s daughters.
MaGo was born in the Jim-Sae. She did not have the emotion of joy and anger. She chose the Former Heaven as male, and the Latter Heaven as female. Thus, both GungHee and SoHee were produced without intercourse, by accepting the essence and two heavenly males and two heavenly females were born without intercourse in same manner. There were a total of four heavenly males and four heavenly females.
During the Former Heaven, Great MaGo Castle was located above the Sil-Daal Castle along with the Heu-Daal Castle. Besides that Sunlight was warm and luminous, there were no perceptible figures. Only the sound of eight musical tunes could be heard from heaven. Both Sil-Daal Castle and Heu-Daal Castle were built out of this tune. Also both the Great Castle and MaGo herself were formed out of this tune. This was the Age of Jim-Sae.
There were resurrections of Yul-Reo carried out few times prior to the Age of Jime-Sae in that Stars were already born. After the Ages of Jim-Sae came to end its’ cycles, MaGo gave birth to Gung-Hee and So-Hee in order for them to be enable to execute the nodes of 5 notes and 7 octaves.
As milk fountained out of earth in the middle of the Castle for the first time, Gung-Hee and So-Hee gave birth to the four heavenly males and four heavenly females and fed them with it. They commended for the four heavenly females to maintain Reo female tones and for heavenly males to maintain Ryul male tones.
3) The cycle of the Latter Heaven opened, and male and female tones revived, which eventually shaped into resonance. It was the combination of tone (frequency?) and voice (amplitude?).
MaGo pulled Great Sil-Daal Castle , and dropped it into the region of heavenly water. Then, the Great City’s energy was raised and spread over the top of the watery cloud. Sil-Daal body expanded evenly and separated the earth out of the condensed water. Land and sea spread alongside, and mountains and streams stretched far.
With this, the watery realm transformed into the earthly world and formed double layers upon each other moving up and down alternately. And it began to rotate. This was the beginning of the calendar numbers. Since than, air, fire, water, and earth mixed in harmony. And the light divided days and nights, the four seasons, and also raised and nourished plants and animals. The whole earth was busy. Henceforth, the four heavenly men divided and managed the original tone of all creation.
They built Gungs (vaults) and kept their duties: The one in charge of earth was yellow, The one in charge of wata was blue.
They built Sos (nests) and kept their duties: The one in charge of a* was white, The one in charge of fire was black.
These practices eventually became their family names. Prom Hen on, air and fire propelled together so that there was no cold darkness in heaven, water and earth responded together so that there was no evil discharge on earth, because the tone feature staying above always reflected back and the resonance feature staying below evenly distributed its listening.
4) Around this time, even though there were eight people who managed the original tone, thae was no one yet to testify its resonance feature. So, things would appear and disappear instantly without control.
Then MaGo ordered the four heavenly males and the four heavenly females to open up their sides to give birth. Whence, the four heavenly males and the four heavenly females married each other, each pa* giving birth to three men and three women. These were the first ancestors of the humans that appeared on earth. They in turn married each other and after several generations each tribe numbered 3,000.
Since then, the twelve tribal progenitors were respectively in charge of the City’s gates while all the other descendants testified tone features according to the* division, and the calendar numbers began to settle.
All the people in the City were pure in character and they knew the workings of creation. They drank the Milk of the Earth and their body energy was clear and bright. They had gold essence in their ears and they could hear the Heaven’s tone. And since they could walk in leaping strides, they could move about freely.
When their task was done, they simply transformed into gold dust, preserving their spirit body. When the* souls arose, they could speak without voice. When their spirit moved, they could travel without form. They spread and lived in earth energy and the* life span was unfathomable.
5) ZhiSo (A Branch Nest), who was one of the BaekSo family members, went down to the milk spring along with some other people. There wae too many people and the spring was too small. He conceded his turn to other people five times and still did not get his turn.
When he came back and got up to his nest, he collapsed due to hunger and there was a deluding ringing-sound in his ear. Then he tasted the five tastes (food) by plucking the grapes hanging from the vine over the balcony. He was startled and jumped up because of its poisonous power. Coming down from the nest, he walked in big strides singing,
“Big wide heaven and earth, My power overcomes it. What kind of Tao (path/ principle) is this? It is the power of the grapesl “
When people did not believe it, ZhiSo said, “It is really good.” And then, many people from different tribes ate the grapes.
6) The people of BaekSo (White Nest) tribe were greatly alarmed at this. And they prohibited Keeping and Observing (^ffl~SuChal). This again broke the autonomous rule of spontaneous self-inhibition. From then on the practice of eating fruits and the prohibition of Keeping and Observing began.
Upon this, MaGo closed the gate of the City and removed its covering. Those who acquired the habit of eating fruits developed teeth, and their saliva became like that of snake venom because they took other lives by force. And all those who stopped Keeping and Observing had the* eyes brightened, and were seeing like owls, because they were privately peeking into the common law.
Due to this (practice), people’s blood and flesh became turbid and the* mental state became cruel. Accordingly, they lost their general heavenly character. The gold essence in their ears became fragile sand and they could not hear the tone of heaven. Their feet became heavy against hard ground and they could only walk but not leap.
The reproductive essence became so contaminated that they gave birth to many beastly figures. They died prematurely only to perish without transforming. It was because the numbers of life became disarrayed and withered.
7) When many people complained and reproved, ZhiSo was greatly ashamed, and he blushed. Finally he left the City with his family to a far place to hide himself. Those who ate grapes and stopped Keeping and Observing also left the City and scattered to different places.
HwangGung (Yellow Vault), having pity on the* situation, bid them farewell. He said, “Your bewilderment is great and, due to your changed character, you became unsuitable to live together in the City. But, if you diligently carry out the Practice of Testimony and clear away the delusion until none of it remains, then you will recover your original state. So please keep your endeavor, keep your endeavorl”
Since then, air and earth conflicted with each other, making seasonal lights to be inclined to a side, and thus creating cold and dark places. Water and fire lost their harmony, causing every kind that carries blood to brood with jealously. It was because light covering was rolled away, leaving no reflection, and the gate of the City was closed and bolted so that it could not be heard.
8) Some of those who had left the City earlier regretted the* faults and came back to the outskirts of the City intending to recover the original state. But they did not know that restoration could not be achieved before its own time.
Since they desired to acquire a milk spring, they excavated around the wall of the City. And the foundation of the City was damaged, causing the milk spring to leak out towards all directions. But the milk immediately turned into hard soil and they were unable to drink it. Because of this, the spring within the City dried up, making everyone rush to take plants and fruits. Confusion and turbulence reached the extreme. It became impossible to maintain purity.
HwangGung (Yellow Vault), as the leader of the whole population, tied up grass around his body, entreated forgiveness before MaGo and burdened himself with the responsibility for the disaster of the five tastes (food). And he took an oath for recovery.
Coming back, he said to all the tribes, “The disaster of the five tastes has reached back to us, because those who left the city did not understand the principle and increased the* confusion. Purity and cleanness is broken and the City is in danger. What are we to do?”
Then the four heavenly men decided to separate from one another in order to preserve the City’s integrity. HwangGung (Yellow Vault), thereupon, divided and allotted the Ordinance of Heaven as the signs of faith, and taught people how to collect kudzu (pueraria/ mountain arrowroot) as food. He, then, ordered everyone to leave and separate into four directions.
ChungGung (Blue Vault) left with his tribe through the gate in the eastern direction and resided in the WunHae (I Sea of Clout East Asia) region. BaekSo (White Nest) left with his tribe through the gate in the western direction and resided in the WerShik ()3 Moon Resting: West Asia) region. Hekso (Black Nest) left with his tribe through the gate in the southern direction and resided in the SungSheng (I Star Births: South Asia) region. HwangGung (Yellow Vault) left with his tribe through the gate in the northern direction toward ChunSan ^(~14 Tienshan = Heavenly Mountain: North of the Pamir) region. ChunSan was an extremely cold and rugged place. HwangGung volunteered to take the ordeal because he had sworn to bring recovery through perseverance.
9) A thousand years have passed since each tribe arrived in different regions. The descendants of those who had left the City earlier were settled in different places, and they were very powerful. But most of them forgot their origin, and their characters became violent and heinous. When they saw new immigrants, they formed groups (of bandits), and made raids on those new ones.
After all the tribes had settled, the communication was almost cut off because they were blocked by mountains and seas. About this time, MaGo with GungHee (Vault Lady) and SoHee (Nest Lady) repaired the Great City, drew in the water of heaven to clean the City, and moved the City beyond Heu-Daal Castle.
And the cleansing water greatly overflowed towards the east and the west, which massively destroyed the land of WunHae (Sea of Cloud: East Asia) and killed a great number of people in the WerShik (Moon Rest: West Asia) region.
Since then, the Earth’s weight center has changed, which brought on the discrepancy in the numbers of calendar, and there was for the first time the phenomenon of Sak ( ~ conjunction/ new moon) and Pan ( ~ opposition/ full moon).
10) HwangGung arrived in ChunSan (Tienshan) region with the sworn oath of restoration. He admonished everyone to work ^Lliligently on the task of testimony. He charged his eldest son YuIn with the task of enlightening the human world’s affairs, and ordered his second and third son to tour the whole world. Then, I IwangGung entered the ChunSan mountains, turned himself into a rock, and generated a long resounding, harmonizing tone in order to clear away the mounting confusion in the world, and to assure the eventual recovery of the Great City.
YuIn inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance, which represented the original tone of heaven and earth, and also enabled one to know one’s true origin. YuIn, having pity on people being cold and dark at night, taught them how to make fire with wood and flint so that they could warm their bodies and have the use of light. And he also taught them how to cook with fire. Everyone greatly rejoiced.
After a thousand years, YuIn bestowed Heaven’s Ordinance to his son HanIn (imps) and entered the mountains to devote himself to the Rites of Purification. HanIn inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance and greatly enlightened the testimonial principle of the human world.
By then, the Sun’s light distributed evenly and the climate became orderly, living things settled their orders, and the monstrous human figures were gradually restored to their original state. This was because the effort of the three generations spanning three thousand years gradually has reached down to those imperfect ones.
11) HanUng ( ~ ), HanIn’s son, was born with a great ambition. He inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance, practiced the Rites of Purification, established the Tao (doctrine) of ChunUng (Heaven’s Offspring) so that people would know where they came from.
By that time, people of the world only cared about the business of food and clothing. HanUng established the Four Laws of Not Leaving Blemishes and appointed Hwan Masters (my) to maintain it.
A person’s conduct shall be purified from time to time so as not to make demons by having it curdled up in the darkness, or to create devils from burning congestion, and so that the passage of the enlightenment in the human world could be done without a single blockage.
Those who are tenaciously attached to the wickedness shall be banished to a wilderness, and take off their misdeeds from time to time so that wickedness would not remain in the world. One who commits a great crime will be exiled to the *Sum islands and shall be cremated after death, so that accumulation of the sin would not remain on earth.
HanUng also constructed buildings, boats, and vehicles. He taught people how to make residences and how to travel. Then, HanUng launched a ship and sailed around the world testifying Heaven’s Ordinance and opened up communications among different tribes.
He admonished people not to forget the origin and taught how to construct buildings, boats, and vehicles, and also taught methods of cooking with fire. After returning, HanUng studied eight languages and two writing systems, established calendar, studied medicine, and described the workings of heaven and earth (astronomy and geography).
It was truly the Age of Broad Benefit of Humanity, the purpose of which was to preserve the original principle in the objects of common usage and use them as the means of illumination because the people had been separated far apart, laws had loosened, and the world had been groping in darkness adding up to the accumulation of fraudulence. Since then people acquired the custom of learning because the human character became so stupefied that they could no longer understand things without learning.
12) HanUng gave birth to ImGum (3~). By then, tribes of the world were no longer engaged in teaching the principle of Heaven’s Ordinance. All of them were seduced into confusion, and the world became a bitter place.
ImGum was greatly concerned about the world. He studied Tao of ChunUng (Heaven’s Offspring), practiced the Rites of Purification, and inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance. He taught agriculture, sericulture (silk production), and pottery making. He established systems of trading, marriage, and the keeping of family records.
He lived on roots and dewdrops, had long hair on his body, and traveled all over the world visiting one tribe after another. In a hundred years, there was not a place he hadn’t visited. He testified on the need to study and keep the faith on Heaven’s Ordinance, and joined in an oath (with other tribes) to resolve the delusion and restore the origin.
He promised to build BuDo (City of Heaven’s Ordinance), because lands were far away, communications were broken, and all the tribal languages and customs gradually became alienated, which made it necessary to provide a place to get together in harmony and clarify the knowledge. This was the beginning of the latter day seminars, because men’s business became so complicated that those things would be forgotten without lectures.
13) ImGum came back and chose the site for BuDo (~5 City of Ordinance) in the magnetic direction of the northeast. It was the region where 2 and 6 met and bore seed, 4 and 8 mutually generated and bore fruit. Bright mountains and magnificent water continued for ten thousand lie*, and land and sea traffic opened to all directions. It was the foundation where the ending and beginning of 9 and 1 never falls short.
Three-Root-Miraculous-Plants (ginseng roots) and Five-LeafAuspicious-Seeds (pine nuts), and Seven-Color-Precious-Jade sprouted from the root of the adamantine heart spreading over the entire region. It was a blessed land w here the essence of l, 3, 5, 7 magnetic cor^uunction collected and materialized.
Finally, the Altar of Heaven’s Ordinance was built at the head of the bright land of TaeBaek (Taibai/ Great White). And the fortifying (reinforcing) altars were built all around. Between the fortifying altars ran three lines of canals and roads at the interval of 1,000 lie*, and protective gates were installed on the left and right side of the canal and roads. This was based on the original plan of the City of MaGo. Administrative cities were installed as the supporting structure, and reservoirs were built to surround the three seas. And four docking places and four large harbors lined up in the east-west direction at a thousand lie’ intervals like a chain. Six towns were installed between the docks and the harbors as the staying places for all the tribes. When BuDo was completed, it’s magnificent splendor was enough to bring the whole world together. It was the life vessel of all the tribes.
[*One Li is about 1/4 mile in length, but in the text it seems to be a literary expression rather than an actual measurement.]
14) Then, 60,000 descendants of HwangGung moved in to keep the city. They cut trees to make 80,000 rafts, engraved them with signs, and released them from the waters of ChunZhi (Heavenly Lake) to invite all the tribes of the world.
All the tribes, after acquiring the signal, gathered up one by one. They held the Great Convention in the Forest of BakDar (Birch Tree). They practiced the Purification Rites, purified the* mind, observed heaven’s feature, and learned the history of MaGo’s lineage to clarify their tribal lines, arranged languages and writings based on the tone of Heaven’s Ordinance.
They stabilized the position of the north star and the seven planets with offerings, by making burnt offerings on the rock. They sang and performed music of Chunung (Son of Heaven) in congregation.
All the tribes dug up sevenfold-precious jade stones at BangHo mine in the BangZhang ( Am; ) Mountain, engraved Heaven’s Ordinances there, and called it the Seal of the Sea from BangZhang, and removed seven disasters with it. And they all returned (to their places).
Since then, they held the Divine Convention every ten years and languages and writings were in the same orbit, with one standard under heaven. Human world was in great harmony.
Also, forts were built by the sea bays serving as the places for supporting Heaven’s Ordinance and the lodging places for migrating tribes. For the next thousand years these sanctuaries proliferated all over the region.
15) At the crossing point of Rye and Yang, ZhoShi (I Ceremonial City/Market*) was installed, and around the Eight Lakes, HaeShi ( ~ Common City/Market) was open. Every October when Zho offering was made, all the tribes sent tributes. Mountain tribes sent deer and lamb, and sea people sent fish and shells. And everyone sang,
“Fish and Lamb offered as sacrifice to the Zho offering, Fresh blood from the five tastes rests the blemish of the mass”
It was called the ZhoSun (my Asatar) offering. These days, all the tribes of mountains and sea ate mostly fish and meat, and most of the trade items were shells and hides. So, it was intended to contemplate on, and to give thanks to the benefit of nourishment. Fingers were dipped in the blood to contemplate on life, and the blood was poured on the ground to reward the benefit of nurtunng, with the intention of resting the blame by using the surrogate sacrifice. It was the expression of the toils and pains of the flesh body.
Goods were overflowing during the annual offering period, HaeShi had to be opened widely at ports and harbors. After purification was done, rules of trade were established by setting the scales, based on geographic principles. And the natures of items were determined to clarify the usage. Also according to the shape of the Eight Lakes of BuDo, there were BoSae (Thanksgiving) offerings between the ZhunSu River, and gatherings for purification ceremonies at Yen (I northeastern China around Beijing).
All the tribes collected the Seeds of Five Auspices (pine nuts)from WonGyo peak in the BongRae (I) Mountain. They were called the ‘Pine of the Sea (HaeSong) from the BongRae Mountain’, and were thought to be endowed with five good blessings. And they all went back.
Since then, industries of the world proliferated and trades overflowed. There was abundance and satisfaction in the whole world. [*’City’ in this context means ‘the place of gathering’ for various ceremonial and economic purposes, as in ‘markets’, ‘conventions’ ‘festivals’, etc.]
16) Those who came to the cities acquired Thrice-Miraculous. Roots (Ginseng) in the valley of the DaeYe Mountain in YoungZhu province and called them ‘Ginseng of the Sea (HaeSam) from YoungZhu’, and considered them to help preserve the three virtues until death.
Ginseng roots born with the right number combination in the magnetic direction certainly have long lives. They grow for one period of 40 years and rest. After 13 periods, which is one Sak (conjunction), they accumulate essence, and after four Saks, they form seeds and transform.
These were only available in the region of BuDo. So they were called BangSak (Region of Confluence) plants. This is so-called the plant of immortality. Since even a small root produced in the region of BuDo had wondrous benefit, those who came to the convention made sure to get one for themselves.
The Three-Root-Miraculous-Plant (ginseng), the Five-LeafAusp~c~ous-Seed (pine nuts), and the Seal of Ordinance made of Seven-Color-Precious-Jade were the specialty of the three regions of BulHam (Balk), and were the heavenly blessings for all the tribes.
17) Around this time, DoYo (^1~ Yao, known as the first historical emperor of China c.2300 BC.) appeared in the south of the ChunSan (Tienshan) mountains. He was one of the descendants of me first group who left the City (of MaGo). He hung around the conventions earlier and studied under the khan (chief) of the western fort city.
But he was not diligent in learning the principle of numbers. He misunderstood the principle of middle five in nine numbers, and thought the other eight numbers were controlled by the central five. lie called it the rule of controlling outside from inside and conjure up the Law of Five Elements to advocate monarchism.
Upon hearing this, SoBu (I) and HuYu (I) severely reproached him and broke off the relationship. Yo finally came out c the gate (left his training), recruited followers, and expelled the My
(I Miao: one of the ethnic minorities in China today) tribes. Th Myo tribes were the descendants of HwangGung and were living i the ancient province of YuIn.
When ImGum left the area for BuDo with his people, Yo too advantage of the absence and invaded the area. And the tribes of My dispersed in three directions of the east, the west, and the north.
Yo divided the land into nine states and started a nation. H stayed in the central region that corresponded to number five an called himself the emperor. He built DangDo (Jig City of Tans and opposed BuDo.
After seeing a pattern on a certain turtle’s back, and the growin and falling of the MyungHyup leaves, he devised a calendar based a it, claiming it as a divine revelation. He abolished the principle ~ Heaven’s Ordinance and abandoned the calendar of BuDo. This we the second greatest disaster of humanity.
18) ImGum was greatly concerned about this. He sent YuH, one of YuIn’s descendants, along with his sons and Hwan masters and Gwon (;~: advisory) officers to admonish Ye Yo humbly received them, followed orders and had them stay by tl river. YuHo silently observed the situation and frequently move about in order to teach people by himself.
When YuHo was in BuDo, he only ate kudzu (mounts arrowroots) and did not use the five tastes. He was 10 feet tall, ar fiery light projected from his eyes. He was approximately 100 yea older than ImGum. He succeeded his ancestors’ duty and assists ImGum by teaching people. Then he was appointed as the messenger But, as he was trying to save the obstinate world, there were mar obstacles in his path.
When Yo observed the character of Shun (Shun: the seco emperor in official Chinese history), YuHo’s son, he devised a plan his mind. He gave Shun a ?osition to work with him and frequent consulted with him, and seduced him with his two daughters.
Then Shun fell into the trap. Shun had been appointed as one of the Hwan masters before to enforce the BuDo’s law, but he did not have enough control over himself. And finally under Yo’s seduction, he secretly married Yo’s two daughters and covertly helped him on the side.
19) When YuHo admonished and warned Shun from time to time, Shun only said yes, yes, and did not mend his behavior. Moreover under Yo’s commission, he started chasing and killing wise men (scholars) and conquered the Myo people. YuHo, no longer able to bear the situation, reprimanded him and started the attack. Then, Shun cried towards heaven and Yo, not finding a ground to place himself, abdicated to Shun and locked himself in.
YuHo said, “By adding the disaster of five elements when the disaster of five tastes has not yet been cleared, the sin has filled the whole earth and the corruption of the Gang Star (Big Dipper) reached heaven. Numbers have strayed many folds and human world is suffering in trouble. It must be corrected. Those who offend without knowing may be forgiven upon repentance but those who knowingly commit offense cannot be pardoned even within the same family.”
He ordered his second son Sang to lead the Gwon (advisory) officers and told him to gather up the people to announce their crime and to start the attack. After a few years of war, the capital was finally broken. Yo died while in confinement and Shun escaped to the field of ChangOh (em), while his band scattered into all directions.
One of Yo’s officers was named Wu (94 Yu, the founder of the Xia dynasty) and he had a hidden hatred against Shun for having his father killed before. At this time, Wu chased and killed Shun. Shun’s two wives plunged into the river and drowned themselves Then Wu said he would obey the orders and strive to make things right. YuHo retreated and observed Wu’s behavior in silence. And Wu moved to a new capital, gathered people around him, repaired and added more weapons, and resisted YuHo. He called himself the King of Ha (Xia).
20) Wu eventually betrayed BuDo and established an altar of his own at DoSan ( ~4 a mountain in southeastern China). He conquered the tribes of the southwest, installed feudal lords, and forced them to come to DoSan to pay the tributes. This was an imitation of the BuDo convention but only brutal and violent. And the region was in turmoil, causing many people to escape to BuDo.
Wu immediately cut off the traffic routes on land and water to isolate BuDo and let no one correspond with BuDo. But he did not dare attack BuDo. About this time, YuHo stayed in the western region, salvaged the descendants of the Myo people, corresponded with SoBu’s and HuYu’s province, and formed an alliance with the tribes in the southwest. And YuHo’s influence increased greatly enough to form a city by itself.
YuHo dispatched Gwon (advisory) officers to Wu saying,
“Yo did not know the numbers of Heaven. He divided lands and monopolized heaven and earth. He restrained time and created a private altar for personal gains, expelled people in order to raise dogs and sheep, and called himself an emperor to decide everything on his own. The human world has become dumbfounded like stones and plants, and Heaven’s principle has plunged back into the empty chaos.
It is because he falsely stole the Heaven’s authority, and impudently pursued the debauchery of personal greed. If a king is really acting as the agent of Heaven, wouldn’t he also be able to open and close the Sun and the Moon and manipulate all thing of creation? Kingship is the highest realization of numbers. It is not ordained for one person to call himself falsely as such. This false naming is nothing more than a play of empty fraud.
Men’s work is in testifying the principle. The business of the world is in clarifying the work of those who testify the principle. What more could be there beyond this? Therefore, the rule of BuDo is in testifying the principle of Heaven’s numbers so that men could follow the* original duties in order to receive their ordained blessings. Therefore, those who talk (teach) and listen (learn) may have the differences of the former and the latter but not the differences of the high and the low. Those who give (raise) and receive (being raised) may have the differences in ripeness and sparseness but not in dragging and pushing. Then the whole world is in equality and all the tribes conduct their behavior spontaneously.
Only the responsibility of redeeming the disaster of the five tastes and the duty of restoring the Great City falls under one person’s
sacrificial task (leadership), which cannot be done by the general mass. From the beginning, this task did not belong to the affairs of the ordinary human world.
21) As for the so-called Five Elements, there is no such law in the principles of Heaven’s number. Number five in the center of directions has the meaning of crossing and does not refer to the transforming (agent). Transformation occurs from one to nine, and number five cannot always stay in the center and make nine numbers rotate.
After Ryul (male tones) and Rye (female tones) were harmonized, all things came into being. These are so called foundation numbers. As for the great spreading (stretching) ring of five and seven, it is not only restricted to five because there is also (the ring of) four and seven. In addition, cyclic revolution of forward and backward, birth and death is four, not five. Therefore, original nine numbers do not change. And intervals of one cyclic revolution are seven of twentyeight but not five.
And as for the attribution of the material qualities, why did he separate metal and earth among metal, wood, water, fire, and earth? With such a small difference, why not then enumerate air, wind, grass, stone, etc.? Therefore, to account for all of them will be numberless or to make it strict will be the four of earth, wood (air), water and fire, but not five.
And as for the characters of elements, in what way are the numbers attributed to them? All things of numbers came out of nine, not five. Therefore, the theory of the Five Elements is in truth an absurd nonsense. Because of this, testimonial principles of the human world has been coaxed into confusion and will finally cause the disaster from Heaven. How could one not fear?
22) And his so-called calendar system was, without observing the foundation of Heaven’s number, based on such trivial things like the turtle and the MyungHyup plant. What was Yo thinking? Everything m heaven and earth came out of numbers. Each has its own numeric signature. How could a turtle and the MyungHyup plant be different? Since there are calendar numbers in all things and events, Yo’s calendar is that of the turtle and the MyungHyup plant but not for the human world. Naturally, it would not fit in the human world.
Therefore, overturning the three-righteousness and trying to make it fit will not work and will only bring disaster of heaven. A calendar is the basis of men’s testimonial work and none of its numbers are outside the body. And when the calendar is correct, Heaven’s principle and human undertakings will conform to bring blessings. If the calendar is not correct, then comes the distortion and discrepancy from Heaven’s number, which will bring disaster. It is because blessings exist within principles and principles exist by correct testimonials. Therefore, correctness and incorrectness of the calendar is the cause of the human world’s blessings and disasters. How could one not exercise discretion?
In olden days, the disaster of the five tastes began from one person’s getting astray and reached ten thousand generations of living souls. Now, this disaster of the calendar is about to affect the truth for a thousand generations. How can one not fear?
23) Heaven’s way revolves and revolves, and there is an ending and beginning. This ending and beginning again revolves and accumulates up to the fourth level. Then, there is another ending and beginning. The period of one ending and beginning is called the Small Calendar. The ending and beginning of endings and beginnings is called the Middle Calendar. The ending and beginning of the four accumulations are called the Great Calendar.
The revolution of the Small Calendar is called Sa (A annual offerings/year). One Sa (year) has 13 Gi (A period/month) and one Gi (month) has 28 days, which again is divided into 4 Yos (A luminaries/week). One Yo has seven days. One cyclic revolution of Yo is called Bok (A execution). In one Sa (year), there is one Bok of 52 Yos (52 weeks) which comes to 364 days. These are (based on) 1, 4, and 7, the gender (quality) numbers.
At the beginning of each Sa (year) is the Great Dan ( E1 sunriselbeginning) of Sa. Since a Dan is equal to one day, the total comes to 365 days. At three Sas and a half comes great Sak (conjunction) of Pan (opposition). Pan is the half division of a Sa. These are 2, 5, and 8, the regulation numbers. Since the length of Pan is same as one day, the fourth Sa (year) becomes 366 days.
At ten Sas and a half is gl eat Hue (A last moon/ obscure) of au(A shadow). Gu IS the root of hours. 300 Gus become one Myo( one eye/ minute number). Myo means that Gu becomes discernible. In this way, after 9,633 passages of Myo, the seconds hours, and minutes become one day. These are 3, 6, and 9, the body numbers.
These endings and beginnings show how number principles arc completed in order by going through the Middle Calendar and reaching the Great Calendar. Basically, Yo’s three corruptions came out of empty desires. How could that be compared to the solid principle of BuDo? Void undertakings do not accommodate solidity inside, and finally gets destroyed. While solid undertakings will make one always satisfied by the principle that ensures stence.”
24) En spite of such firm advice from YuHo to abolish the new law and return to BuDo, Wu (Yu) was too obstinate to listen. Rather he took it as an insult and intimidation. Wu attacked YuHo several times with his people but could not win, and finally died in his camp at the MoSan (~4) Mountain. When this happened, the people of Ha (Yua) were greatly agitated. Tens of thousands of people wanted to die. These people had been following Wu during the water control protect.
Gye (Jim Qi), Wu’s son, lead a great army to attack YuHo’s town. But, even though YuHo’s army was only a few thousand, the army of Ha lost every battle without a single merit to proclaim. Gye was finally afraid and retreated. never to sttn greatly agitated.
YuHo, seeing the Ha people’s blindness, determined that they could not be changed in short time. Whence, he moved away with his followers to teach the tribes of the south (India) and the west (Mesopotamia). And his town was no more.
25) Since then, the TaeWon (*my Taiyuan) area south of Cbunsan (Heavenly Mountain, northern mountain ranges) was restless and turbulent as if there was no sovereign. From so-called kings to the general public, everyone was blinded. Darkness piled upon darl^0ess, and the strong became the upper class, while the weak became the lower class. Kings and lords have acquired territories and the suppression of ordinary people prevailed like an epidemic.
Finally they started invading and plundering each other, massacring people. Not a thing was good for the world. Even though both the Ha (Xia) and the En (Shang) dynasties perished with these practices, they did not know why. It was because they cut themselves off from BuDo and could not listen to the way of true principle.
By that time, YuHo led his people into the regions of WerShik (Moon Rest: Middle East) and SungSheng (Star Births: Indian Peninsula), the land where the descendants of BaekSo (White Nest) and HekSo (Black Nest) were living.
BaekSo and HekSo people still retained their old custom of building high towers and pagodas. But they forgot the original tone of Heaven’s Ordinance, and were not aware of the origin of the tower building, which became misrepresented into strange ways. Rather, they were jealous of each other and made it their business to war and conquer. MaGo’s history was dangerously monsterized and every bit falsified.
YuHo traveled among many different tribes, teaching the way of MaGo and the principle of Heaven’s Ordinance. But people thought it strange and did not accept it. Only their chronicler(s) humbly came to him and received it. Thereupon YuHo explained and transmitted the . ..
26) ImGum heard all the deeds of YuHo and took pity on his toil. He appointed YuHo’s remaining tribe to the rninistry of education and made them stay. Around this time, ImGum was greatly concerned about the situation in the region of Ha. And he at last entered mountains to practice the Tao of resolving confusion and restoring origin.
BuRu ( 5~ ), ImGum’s son, inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance, testified to the Heaven and Earth being one principle, and all humans being one family. He greatly enhanced tl~e way of his fathers, unequivocally carried out the law of ChunWung (Heaven’s offspring), and devoted himself to testifying the principle of human world. He made close ties with people in the WunHae (Sea of Cloud:
China/Southeast Asia) and attempted to bring back Ha region to oneness. But heretical practice continued to gain and he could not achieve his desire. In the end, BuRu transmitted the Seals to his son,
EbRu (I), and entered mountains. EbRu had a great desire of mercy from the birth. He inherited the Three Seals of Heaven’s Ordinance and agonized over Ha people’s having fallen into distress. He was greatly sorrowed over the truth having fallen into the realm of fraudulence. At last, he sealed up the Heaven’s Ordinance in the altar of the Bright Land and entered the mountains in order to commit his great desire of restoring the origin and to the practice (of principle) and did not come out for one hundred years. There was a great wailing by the remaining mass.
ImGum was born at the beginning of the Latter Heaven’s ending period. He foresaw the future of the world, demonstrated the construction of BuDo, and in a thousand year period, his achievement was high and great, but now the transmission of the Seal was cut off. The transmission of the Seal lasted for 7,000 years over seven generations of HwangGung, Yuln, Hanln, HanUng, ImGum, BuRu, and EbRu.